Hall Ansley, P.C. - Springfield Lawyer
Call Today for a Free Initial Consultation
417-429-1372

A LOCAL FIRM,

A WORLD OF EXPERIENCE.

Is it time to find a new doctor?

On Behalf of | Feb 26, 2022 | blog, Medical Malpractice |

The relationship you have with your primary care physician is one of the most important in your life. After all, not only does your doctor help you stay healthy, but he or she also identifies the warning signs of serious illness as early as possible.

According to the Pew Research Center, about 75% of Americans claim to be happy with their doctors. If you are in the other 25%, though, finding a different medical provider may lead to better health outcomes.

Your time

Doctors tend to be busy professionals, often seeing as many patients per day as they can. This may lead to long sits in your physician’s waiting room. While you may not mind waiting occasionally, your doctor should not waste too much of your time. Put simply, if your doctor cannot stick to a schedule, he or she may be too busy to provide the care you deserve.

Your interactions

Your doctor should listen to your concerns and address them in an open and proactive way. If your physician refuses to take you seriously or tries to rush you out of the exam room, you may be vulnerable to a misdiagnosis or delayed medical treatment.

Your health

Modern doctors have a variety of ways to diagnose and treat both injuries and illnesses. If your doctor does not order necessary tests, ignores your discomfort or otherwise endangers your health, you probably cannot trust him or her to provide you with appropriate care during future visits.

Ultimately, if your unhappiness with your doctor leads to additional injuries or illnesses, you may have legitimate grounds for pursuing financial compensation from him or her.

FindLaw Network