A Local Firm,

A World Of Experience.

Photo of the legal professionals at Hall Ansley, P.C.

Frequently Asked Questions

Hall Ansley, PC has a very diverse practice area, including personal injury, medical malpractice, auto injury, employment discrimination and workers’ compensation. We receive many questions from people who need straight, honest answers. This page includes a few of the most common questions our firm receives every day. Contact us at 417-429-1372 if you have questions about your specific legal matter and would like to receive answers from experienced lawyers.

How much will it cost me to hire an attorney?

We handle the majority of our personal injury and medical malpractice cases by a contingent fee arrangement.

What is a contingent fee arrangement?

The client only pays an attorney’s fee if the attorney is successful in obtaining a recovery for the client. The fee is typically a percentage of the recovery obtained through settlement or trial.

What should I bring with me to the first meeting?

Anything that may help your attorney completely understand the facts of your case. This includes letters, reports, medical records and/or photos relating to the incident. There is no danger in bringing too much information to the first meeting. In fact, your attorney needs all of the information available to you in order to properly analyze your case.

What is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?

A civil lawsuit brought by an individual who has been physically and/or emotionally injured by another. Personal injuries can be caused in a multitude of ways: dangerous conditions on property, product defects and negligent operation of automobiles, just to name a few.

Is it possible to settle a Civil Lawsuit Without a Trial?

Yes. In fact, the vast majority of cases settle without the need for a trial. However, there is often extensive discovery conducted before a settlement can be reached.

What is Discovery?

Discovery is the period after a civil lawsuit is filed, but before a trial takes place, when the parties to the lawsuit “discover” evidence relevant to the case. Evidence is discovered through devices such as interrogatories (written questions submitted by one party to the other to be answered under oath), requests for production (written requests for documents submitted by one party to the other), and/or depositions of the parties, witnesses and/or experts.

Is there a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit?

Yes, each type of case is governed by a specific statute of limitation. However, there are exceptions to nearly every statute of limitation to account for extenuating circumstances like age, health status, and other factors. In general, these are the limits for common lawsuits:

Personal Injury 5 years
Wrongful Death 3 years
Medical Negligence 2 years
Employment Law As quickly as 180 days


From our offices in Springfield, Missouri, we advise and represent clients in communities throughout Southwestern Missouri. Hall Ansley, PC, offices are open normal business hours Monday through Friday, and we accept evening and weekend consultations by special arrangement. Call 417-429-1372 or contact us via email.